The College presently has two Divisions
The Division of Physicians & The Division of Surgeons.
The College may set up other divisions that the Council on the advice of the Acadamic Board may determine.
- Each Division has a Head who is the Vice President of the Council
- The constituent Division consists of a number of Faculties created by the Division with the approval of the Executive Board
- Each Faculty has a Chairman who is appointed by the Executive Board from among Fellows of the Faculty.
- Each Division may subject to the approval of the Academic Board, add new Faculties or remove old Faculties when necessary.
The Divisional Baords should have :
- The chairperson, and
- Subjects to the approval of the Academic Board, six or more Fellows who belong to the Faculty as members, one of whom shall be elected as secretary.
- The chairperson and other members of the Faculty Board shall be elected by the Fellows who belong to the Faculty.
- The chairperson and other members of the Faculty Board shall hold office for a term of two years and are at the expiration of the term eligible for re-election but shall not be elected for more than two terms.
Each Divisional Board shall have
- Is responsible for the overall organization and supervision of the affairs of the Division
- Regulate its own procedings
Composition Of Divisional Board
A divisional Board compromises of
- The Head of the Division
- The Vice Rector of the Division who shall be the Secretary
- The Assistant Secretary of the Divisions and
- The Chairpersons and Secretaries of the Faculties in the Divisions
Function of Faculty Board
A Faculty Board shall
- Develop, promote and implement the academic programmes of the Faculty; and
- Nominate Examiners for approval by the Academic Board.