ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE MEDICAL AND DENTAL TRAINING COMMENCING SEPTEMBER 2018 (MEMBERSHIP)
Applications are invited from qualified Medical and Dental practitioners for the following Programmes:
3-year Residency training in any of the following4-year Residency training in the following2-year Residency training in:
3-year Residency training in any of the following
- General Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Mediciney
- Laboratory Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Family Medicine
- Dental Surgery
- Paediatrics/Child Health
- Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Radiation Oncology
- Modular Programme in Family Medicine
- Public Health
Entry requirements common to all Programmes
- Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Ghana.
- Must have completed two (2) years housemanship/rotation in all four (4) major disciplines.
- Applicants for (1) and (2) above must have passed the Primaries of GCPS or Primaries of the West African Colleges.
- Applicants for (I) and (II) above must have served one (III) year in a District Hospital, as defined by the Ministry of Health, after housemanship.
- Applicants for the Modular Residency Programme above must have served five (5) years in a District Hospital, as defined by the Ministry of Health, after housemanship.
- Applicants for (3) above must have a Masters degree in Public Health (MPH.
- Forms are available at the College, 54 Independence Avenue, Ridge, Accra.
- Registration fee of Six hundred Ghana cedis (¢600.00) must be paid into the Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons Donor Pool Fund Account Number 0010 1344 0464 8401, ECOBANK GHANA LTD., RIDGE WEST BRANCH (swift Code: ECOCGHAC). Payment can also be done at any GT Bank branch through GCPS Pay. In addition, payment can be done electronically online using VISA or Mastercard on the College website by clicking GCPSPAY.