GHANA COUNTRY INITIATIVE
The Ghana Country Initiative (GCI) is a Project funded by AO Alliance, a developmental nonprofit organization dedicated to improve fracture care for patients in low income countries through local capacity building and in partnership with the Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons who is the implementer of the project. It seeks to improve the national capacity for appropriate management of fractures in Ghana.
The main aim is to advocate with the Government regarding core requirements for
- Operative-based fracture care centres
- Education for Trauma and Orthopaedic (T&O) Residents
- Operating Room Personnel (ORP)
- Plaster Technicians (Orthopaedic Technicians) and lastly
- Research into the National fracture care programme and the impact of advocacy and capacity-building interventions.
The Ghana Country Initiative Project was officially launched on the 13th of September 2017 at the Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeon. Present at the launch was the Managing Director of AO Alliance, Project Manager of AO Alliance, AO Alliance representative for English Speaking countries in Africa and many distinguished guests and participants in the Health sector.